WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

like riding a bicycle

so my short break turned into a long one. maybe too long. i'm not sure. i know not exactly wherefore i left , but i do know wherefore i've come back (but i have no idea why i keep using the word wherefore....). the quote to the right, the one from buechner, has been haunting me since i've been gone. and i realized i was letting my own hangups get in the way. or, rather, other people's hang ups get in mine.

there are as many different types of writers as there are stories out there. some have great wisdom to share, experiences to pass along. some hold grand opinions and want to sway us. some have incredible stories that must be read to be believed. some use words to create beauty. me, i write to make sense of myself. i write to figure out whatever thread is running through my life, to try to gather the scattered thoughts and events of my days into some semblance of a narrative. sometimes it's pretty boring. sometimes it's downright ugly. but it's my story, warts and all, and maybe if you read it, you'll find something that echoes your own story.

who knows?

anyway, i'm back - not with any grand revelation i garnered with my time away, but with a sense that i must share my story, as buechner says, not because it's mine, but because it's ours, and if i don't share it, both of our stories will be diminished somehow. so please read - and if you have the time, share your story with me.

thanks for stopping by. hopefully i'll make it worth your while.
Æ

Tunes: let's active - every word means no

1 comment:

warmandsunnydays said...

Holy profound...and on a Friday, even.

Glad to see you again.

Welcome to the Comeback Club.
xox!
k