WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

hooray bronchitis!

home again - woke up realizing the otc drugs i've been taking haven't done much to make me feel better. so i called ian, got me a sub and went back to sleep for a couple of hours. woke up and decided i needed to go get looked at, but since i am inbetween doctors, i meandered on over to urgent care (which is much closer than i thought), armed with a book, a magazine and my mp3 player (in case there was a wait). wasn't too bad, though i'm always amazed at the amount of time waiting vs the amount of time spent with the doctor. diagnosis: bronchitis. so now i don't feel so bad about calling off - for some reason i usually feel guilty, like if i'm conscious, i should be going to work, fulfilling my obligations. so now i'm on three medications (guaifenex, naproxen and biaxin for the curious) which hopefully will take care of this. be nice to feel somewhat normal again.

beautiful day outside. this is my weather - mid to upper 50s, cool breeze. ah autumn. wish i was in a better place to actually enjoy it. the strange thing is i have this great desire right now to clean, which happens just about never. so do i try to do some cleaning, knowing i really should be taking it easy, or do i go with what i'm feeling and get busy. if i wait long enough, the feeling will probably go away. but who knows when it might return.

again, i'm blaming the medication for my weirdness.

pulled the trigger (i have no idea why i keep using this cliche - i don't even like guns) and signed up for three months of eharmony. now i just have to go through and pick up the communication. i've reached open with one person, the rest we're still doing the "get to know me through ridiculous questions" dance. trying to decide if i need to narrow my choices down and how best to do that. as my friend kat warned, i don't need to become a serial dater at this point in my life.

the joys of expensive gas: one unexpected side effect from the oil companies raping us this summer with their raised gas prices for no reason (don't try to explain market forces to me - it's all politics, baby) is i was able to pick up U2s new DVD - ZooTV Live in Sydney - for free! yep, cashed in my speedyrewards points for a $25.00 gift card to circuit city, which was selling the dvd for only $15.99 (compared to $29.99 at best buy). plus, i have almost $8.00 leftover to use toward something else. score! the dvd makes me nostalgic for my first U2 concert - zootv outdoor broadcast in kansas city. while not exactly like being there, the flashbacks were pretty intense. and the included swag was cool, too. so thanks to all those money-grubbing politicians and oil executives for helping me get my dvd free. least you could do, ya bastards.

no house church last night - felt it was best not to infect everyone. i mean, i'm all for sharing our lives, just not our diseases. we'll pick up next week. looking forward to getting to know everyone a bit better, though at the moment, i'm missing some of the folks from st. e's. don't get to see them as much now that school has started and i've been sick. again with the growing pains.

ok, need to go hydrate. i hope everyone i know feels better than i do. and if you've been near me lately, sorry if i've infected you (he says, having no idea if bronchitis is contagious or not). later.
Æ

Tunes: podunk - a little more

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have three words for you:

Gatorade. Rain. Berry.

That stuff hydrates likes it's nobody's business. Be careful, though, I got addicted pretty quickly. I was on a Gatorade and cigarette diet most of last week and I don't think it was a balanced diet.

stinkowoman said...

congrats on pulling the trigger, btw. :)