WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

ignis fatuus

i feel the need to write, but have nothing to share. and silly me left my book of questions at school, so i can't even fall back on that. so how about the dream i had last night....

as with most of my dreams, it's not terribly coherent, though there were some vivid scenes, one in particular. somehow, i acquired a motorcycle (which should tip you off immediately that it was a dream) and was having kevin do some work on it. not sure why kevin, but he seemed to know what he was doing so i was ok with it. not being familiar with motorcycles i can't give any details, other than to mention it reminded me of evel knievel's red, white and blue motorcycle. anyway, i was waiting for the cycle to get finished when who should walk in but a friend of mine i haven't seen in years. we hug each other hello and begin catching up with what's been going on and the whole time there's this electricity in the air which, though i don't have a lot of experience with this, led me to believe she was flirting with me. we moved to what appeared to be a corner booth from some restaurant (don't ask me what it was doing in a body shop, even if it is my subconscious) and while we sat there, she pulled a large straw from somewhere, placed it in her mouth and said, "want to see a cool trick?" of course i said yes. i held the other end of the straw and she began moving toward me, the straw presumably moving down her throat. at that point i stuck the straw in my mouth and we reenacted the spaghetti scene from lady and the tramp, ending in a kiss neither of us turned away from (the straw mysteriously disappeared at that point).

of course, it's at that moment that kevin returns to tell me my motorcycle is done. so i walk back with him to the office to take care of matters and when i returned, she was waiting for me. and i slipped my hands around her waist and whispered sweet nothings into her ear and we split apart, me toward my bike and her toward her car with the understanding that we'd hook up later. so i was getting the bike ready, loading some stuff on it, when i saw her drive off in her car and i knew she wasn't going to meet me, that she was gone. and at that point i remembered she had a boyfriend and was shocked we had done what we had done.

and then my alarm went off.

i toyed with trying to go back to sleep, to see if i chased her or not, but figured that would be unwise. plus, i could probably guess the answer.

and i shared this why? because there's nothing to watch on tv? sad.
Æ

Tunes: lemonheads - into your arms

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer, man.

Sometimes I'd rather not dream.

Anonymous said...

Quintessential fantasy and fear dream. Don't sweat it. PS Your motorcycle is a metaphor for your inner passion and its being repaired/overhauled at the "body shop." That's good news! Get on your bike! Enjoy the ride... away from the "woman of your past." (a symbol for all the women of your past, characteristically and literally; relationships and attractions included.)

warmandsunnydays said...

You didn't even go back to sleep to chase her?

Ever the wistful romantic you are....

*le sigh*
;-)

Anonymous said...

So, who was she?