WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

this is the way the school year starts

thump thump thump thump thump thump thump thump thump

now: twenty minutes before the first day of school starts and i'm sitting at a bp station off pfeiffer with lorelai jacked up and me waiting for someone to help me get the wheel off. and yes, i know how to change a flat, but the wheel is wedged on, undoubtedly by the same curb that bent it in the first place. wish i had realized it was so bad before trying fix a flat. or paying for air. it's the little things that will drive a man mad.

hopefully they'll get here in time for me to make my first class. thankfully we have homeroom first thing and i have first bell plan, so i should make it. of course, i'd planned on arriving early and making sure everything was set up. should have stayed longer yesterday. so much for instilling a sense of order to my classroom. so much for looking professional. so much frustration for this early in the morning.

but honestly, i'm not really freaking out. i mean, there's nothing i can do about it now other than wait. and i'll get there eventually, just not the way i'd envisioned.

house church went well last night - just the novotnis and me, but we had an excellent conversation about expectations, what we wanted/needed from the group. we'll probably end up calling it tuesday house church, mostly because we like the initials (though tilden already exists i suppose....)

ah, the truck is here. more later.
Æ

Tunes: the sheds - unbaited hooks

2 comments:

stinkowoman said...

That is horrific. That makes me shudder.

Chris said...

High drama, eh?
That's about the same time I was missing my flight back to Indy from Kansas City! Glad THC went well. I just worked out my schedule so that I can be there next week. In fact, Deb might join me as well...but that will require a couple more adjustments. But I will be dropping in at the very least. Blessings on your car, classes, and calling...