WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

it's gone, gone, gone

whoa-oh whoa-oh whoa

after weeks of waiting, i finally got into heaven and, disgusted with the current state of the dead skin follicles on top of my head, i decided to give up ever having cool, long hair. so i had ashley take the scissors and lighten the load. snip snip snip and now my hair is much shorter and, for the first time in my adult life, brushed forward, not backward into what is known as "the caesar." et tu brute. i like it, though i worry about being able to recreate the look tomorrow morning after my morning shower. but at least the mullet/helmet head/afro is gone now.

we moved house church tonight to the novotnis to help them meet some citybeat deadlines. no skin off my elbow - saves me from having to do a quickie scouring of the place. we can do breakfast another night. plus, i'm guessing we'll get out a bit earlier than last week (10:30), which means my evening won't be quite so late. i love the conversation, but oy the 5:00AM alarm.

update: lunch with susie was wonderful. we went to the blue gibbon and our waiter was...wacky is the only way to describe him. terribly amusing, though bordering on obnoxious at times. but the food was tasty (though it's still weird to me to have lettuce with asian food) and the conversation fun. we hit graeters afterwards for some palate cleaning apple cider sorbet and more conversation. and then i showed her my tree (not like that, ya sick perverts) and we said our goodbyes. a successful second date.

i think.

see, here's where the wheels come off. i lack the experience and/or skills to do whatever i'm supposed to to move from where we are to where i'd like to be. part of that is not knowing if she would like to move to where i'd like to be, but mostly it's being unclear what to do next. do i say something? do something? let it develop naturally? 'cause i've tried the last one before and i always seem to end up stuck in "the friend zone." and while i like the friend zone, for once i'd like that to not be the default setting.

ok, need to spend a couple more minutes looking for the software i got with my new computer so i can effectively clean karla to donate to the havens. i know it's somewhere in this office. of course, i couldn't find it when i searched for it the other night. keeping my fingers crossed....
Æ

Tunes: garbage - temptation waits

7 comments:

warmandsunnydays said...

Hanging out here on chat, thinking I might catch you, but you're nowhere to be seen...le sigh.

Is it established on both sides that this is dating? Because if it is and she agrees to see you again, I'm pretty darn sure you can safely grab her hand and pull her towards you for a kiss. Just make sure you're super-romantic about it.

Sounds like things are moving along smashingly for you...though I do miss seeing you around!

Chris said...

Can't wait to see the new look, man! And glad to hear the 2nd date went so well with Suz. I'll keep pushing both sides of the equation as much as possible.
My advice is to just go with your gut and don't leave the put short. That's the unpardonable sin in golf. Not that I'm encouraging you to do anything inappropriate with your putter...ha! Just seize the day...perhaps that's a better metaphor.

stinkowoman said...

How dare you make that post without a picutre!!!

On Susie- advance. If you want to talk to her, call her. If you miss her, tell her so. And flowers. Go for the flowers.

I take it you didn't show her the poison ivy, eh?

miz fuhrell said...

hairdo empathy coming your way, from my newly-shorn crispy head to your newly-caesar-fied one. Those aveda girls are getting snip-happy lately...

ACE said...

Hello friend-
I agree with stinkowoman- if you want to call her, do so. Or send her a sweet note/letter. Although I don't agree with the flowers idea. Maybe a single flower- and not a rose. be creative. Maybe a daisy. And the third date is usually when you kiss the girl. Go for it!

Anonymous said...

Thurman,

AS they say...Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker. Take it from an old time pimp my man - booze is the fastest route to a girl's heart.

Kevin "Fat Daddy" Rains

Anonymous said...

Thurm, my friend, I have no advice, but I'm excited for you.

and I'm dying to see the hair.

don't you post any pictures on this thing?

love, Laurie