WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Monday, February 19, 2007

so much for sleeping in

silly me forgot to turn off my alarm, which went off at 5AM as usual. only this time there was a twist - somehow, it must have startled me enough that i pinched or pulled a nerve in my back. for the next two hours or so, i tossed and turned in incredible pain, unable to find any comfortable position. and trust me, i tried - both sides, on my front, on my back, head to the foot of my bed, lying diagonally, lying in my comfy chair, lying on the floor, hands above my head, pillows stacked high, no pillows, dangling over the edge of the bed. nothing worked. eventually the aspirin i popped must have helped enough because i fell back asleep on my back. when i woke up again, i was afraid to move lest the pain start again, but it seems to have gone away, whatever it was. i actually thought of calling friends and asking if they had any stronger pain killers, but it was 6:00AM and no one would have been up. glad it went away - i just hope it doesn't return.
Æ

Tunes: the specials - enjoy yourself

2 comments:

miz fuhrell said...

HA - 6AM what I call "oversleeping". I am up at 5:20 most mornings. And I'm pretty sure M-to the-Rissa is up somewhere around dawn's crack with Bubs. Oh, and then there's KJoe, who can be found in the kitchen around that time... and there's usually life brewing above the speckled bird bright and early, and Mr. Rains is known to burn the pre-dawn oil, too. Of course, I don't know how many of us could come to your pharmaceutical rescue, but at least you're not alone in your early rising.

Anonymous said...

Get thee to a yoga class. Seriously. For SO many reasons.

(shit. Get me to a yoga class. For SO many reasons.)