WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

do these aches mean i'm old?

had planned to get up early this morning to shovel my driveway so i could drive to the church to drop off the clothes i had gathered and participate in our work day. plus i had to make sure communion was set up for those that wanted to partake. unfortunately, when my alarm went off at 8:00, my body refused to get out of bed, still living under the delusion that it was 7:00 on sunday morning and why on earth would you be getting up now ya frickin' idiot...yeah, my body's a bit grumpy early in the morning. so an hour later i pulled myself out of bed and threw on a sweatshirt and some boots and my ipod and headed outside. took me 45 minutes to clear the driveway enough that i could get out. would have been a little easier if i had, oh, i don't know, maybe cleared all the leaves from my driveway before the white death came. all i know is tomorrow when i wake up, i am sure my body will be even less happy than it was this morning. oh my aching shoulders and back.

i am old old old old old.

hold on, need to get some iced tea. think i might be a bit dehydrated...

oh, much better now.

been trying to work out in my head why yesterday was SO much more productive than my saturdays usually are. i did more yesterday than i have the previous eight or nine saturdays combined. ok, perhaps i exaggerate a bit. but still, quite the impressive list of activities. maybe it's because i had no where else i could go. but usually that means i would find myself lounging in my comfy chair, unable to move from my prone position. wish i could figure it out so i could be that productive every saturday. gina suggested maybe i'm nesting. now there's a frightening thought.

talked to mom and dad on friday. looks like they won't be able to come see me in B&B because they will be in DC those two weekends. just bad timing. thought it was odd i hadn't heard from them about tickets. was good to chat with mom - she was quite chatty. funny - i joined gina and the havens for dinner and it turns out we had all talked to our mothers. it's like the snow came and their maternal instincts kicked in (though gina had to call her mother).

did i mention how sore i am? oh the aches and pains.

phase two of my great music organization is underway. i went through my cd collection and pulled cds i had not ripped the first time or had deleted when i started to run out of room. i've got quite the stack waiting now. need to figure out the best way to do this - itunes for windows is excruciatingly slow at ripping cds, so i've been using my creative mediasource software to do it. i think i can rip it right to my itunes library on my portable HD, which itunes should automatically organize. we'll see how that works.

my gosh, even i'm bored hearing about this.

suppose i should begin moving toward bed now - have to get to school early enough to OGT-proof my room - hide any posters that might help students, make sure there is no way i could be accused of giving my students any unfair advantage since it means my job. heck, i could probably lose my job for even mentioning the OGT on my blog. i better stop before i'm pulled before the state tribunal...
Æ

----------------
Now playing: Radiohead - Go To Sleep (Little Man Being Erased)
via FoxyTunes