WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Saturday, March 08, 2008

this is why i don't plan ahead

my friday and saturday were packed - friday night movies with the guys, saturday morning meeting for national boards, saturday lunch doing the art walk, saturday night watching MST3K shorts. an excellent time by any standards. and now, because of the weather, only the MST3K remains and i'm still expecting a phone call any time now telling me it has been canceled as well. this is what i get for making plans.

the good news is it's given me lots of time to get stuff done around the house that has gone wanting lately - laundry, for instance. i also cleaned out my closets and dressers for clothes to donate to the salvation army tomorrow. couple bags worth of clothes, one bag of things that needed to be trashed. also finished off laughing gas by wodehouse. fun tale and clever. i also began slam by hornsby. enjoying it immensely. i think several of my students would enjoy reading it. in fact, i'm borrowing it from one of my students. should be a quick read. and after nearly three months, i finally took down my christmas tree. seemed a good time to do it with the blizzard-like conditions outside.

so quite a productive morning. now i have to decide how to spend the rest of my day until MST3K, if it happens. and figure out what i'm going to bring to said gathering. here's hoping the snow lets up enough so i can get out of my garage (which has been giving me fits. if anyone knows how to fix a door opener...). i might do some more work on my music collection - i have finally transferred all my mp3s from my computer to my portable hard drive and then onto my ipod. now i need to go through my cd collection and begin adding those cds i haven't ripped yet. feels a little obsessive (a little thurman?) but there is some satisfaction in having everything ordered and organized.

i'm enjoying the snow immensely. it's deep enough to have covered everything and it's currently drifting down in a magical way, stealing my attention and reminding me of my childhood. usually by this time i would be disappointed with snow like this - being a season guy, in my head it's time for spring, not the last blast of winter. but i shouldn't be surprised - snow like this comes often in march and even april. and it's quite peaceful, something i've been needing after the chaos of the last couple of weeks.

monday starts the OGT, which means a bizarre week. i'm hoping to use my time proctoring the test to get my desk in order (it's bad even for me right now) and make sure everything is planned out for the trimester. also need to figure out when to slowly back out so christina can take over. probably the best bet is to let her do her own thing once we start into the wild. we'll see what we come up with.

time to get clothes out of the dryer and put another load in. might come back if i can't think of anything else to do...
Æ

----------------
Now playing: The National - Slow Show
via FoxyTunes