WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

a beginning

DIA, waiting for my flight to Denver to board. Vacation, 2008. I'm not nearly as excited as I thought I'd be, but then I've been up over 2 1/2 hours and it's not yet 8:00 AM, so tht might have something to do with it. Yet it's clear something's not right within me. Insomnia. Bursts of anger. Feelings of worthlessness. Abnegation of hope. Not the way you want to start a vacation. Of course, perhaps it's OK, proving the need I have for a vacation, a change of venue, of pace, of routine. I know there's something off-kilter, judging from the symptoms, but I cannot pinpoint what it is. Perhaps stepping back for a bit will help.

My brain is not here. Will write later. Going to start The Road by Cormac McCarthy. Mom said it was bittersweet. Definitely not what I need right now. But it's what I have. Æ

No comments: