WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

an eternal day lies ahead

I should be heading off to sleep, what with independent novel project presentations all day tomorrow and Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure for film club and three hours of parent/teacher conferences and a line rehearsal I will most likely not make, yet here I am, checking in to make sure you, my faithful readers, know I haven't abandoned you.

Wow, that is quite the convoluted sentence. Is it any wonder I didn't excel in my journalism classes?

Updates: Tartuffe went well this weekend. I stumbled a bit opening night, but the other nights went smoothly. As for the rest of the show, I only know we're moving at a brisk pace and everyone seems happy with how it's going. I can't personally vouch for the show since I've never actually seen it, but I'll take their word for it. If you like Moliere or French farce, it's a great way to spend an evening. Come on out. Enjoy.

My talk on Sunday went well again. I am consistently amazed at God's ability to take control and do what He wants with my words. The title was "The Unexpected Characteristics of God" and it seemed to hit a lot of people yet again. I know I shouldn't be surprised by God's working - it's what He does, after all. It's humbling, that's all. I think I might try to flesh it out, get it down on paper (more than the brief outline I typed up Sunday morning). I'd like to do some more thinking on some of the points that came up, especially the ones I didn't intend.

Mom and dad came down Sunday. Good to see them again, as always. I should have warned them we would be on VC time - they arrived about 9:40, which means they were at the church 20 minutes before anyone else graced the doorway. After the service, we went out with Gina and Julie and Emma to Jalepenos - which turned out to be a good thing since they're closing! I know! Was there last night for house church (don't ask) and they had a sign saying they'd lost their lease. This was my goto place for food. I have no idea what I'll do now, though Cici's and Chipotle opening within walking distance might take some of the edge off (please know I'm not comparing Jalepenos to those two places, only pondering my inability to decide what I want to eat sometimes).

I'd meant to come and indulge in some more nostalgia tonight, but I never seem to get to the computer before 11:00, and by then I'm lucky to type anything coherent at all. 'Twas 20 years ago this week I took a chance and told a girl I liked her and, miracle of miracles, discovered she liked me back. Definitely an odd relationship for many reasons, but it sticks in my memory for two reasons. One, she was the first girl I dated who wanted nothing to do with me once we broke up. And more importantly, I credit her for saving me from my hairband/classic rock ways and showing me the joys of music left of the dial. It's amazing the changes we'll make in the name of love (or what we think is love anyway).

I have more to say on this, but not now. Now is the time for sleeping and trying not to be angry at mother nature for not realizing it's fall and she should stop sending 80+ degree days our ways. I want my crisp autumn air now, thankyouverymuch. Monday was the first day - time to turn the page.

Sorry. The heat makes me grumpy (insert own joke here). Night.
Æ

----------------
Now playing: New Order - Ceremony
via FoxyTunes

No comments: