WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

the difference a year makes

how can something i didn't even own a year ago completely screw up my afternoon when i think i've lost it? yesterday afternoon was completely disheartening - went to get my hair cut (well, thinned since i need to leave it long for chess - but i certainly don't need the fro look) and realized my phone wasn't in my pocket. looked around aveda - no luck. then around the outside of my car. nada. inside. zip. asked in a couple of the surrounding stores. no one had turned in a phone. so i drove home. looked in my office. my bedroom. my entertainment room. nothing. nothing. nothing. so despondent, i couldn't get up the energy to do anything. so i took a nap, while thoughts of what in the world do you do when your phone disappears scurried about my head. do i call verizon? do i keep calling it in hopes that the person that has it will pick it up? and how do i do that without a landline? grrrr. so after a restless nap, i awoke to nature's call. walked into the bathroom. and there, lying in my tissue box was my phone. i'm sure i had an excellent reason for taking it out of my pocket and laying it there. and i just had to laugh.

yes yes, i know, i need professional help.

day six of my kitchen faucet fiasco. looks to be leaking from the line, not from the faucet, which is strange because i didn't touch the line where it is leaking. going to lowes this morning to see if they can help. need to get a new line and hopefully some advice on how to stop the leak. really don't want to call a plumber, though at this point it might be best to just get it fixed, no matter the cost (though i can't imagine it would actually be worth it once i get the bill - i've heard about plumber's rates - cheaper just to get a prostitute....).

did get my porch swing together and hanging, though i have to pick up a drill bit at lowes while i'm there to put on the final piece. looks good on the porch. now i just need to find some other seating, otherwise it will just be me sitting alone on my porch, which seems a bit sad.

kevin asked yesterday if chess was something he could bring izaac to. hmmm. don't think it qualifies as PG-13, mostly because we drop the f-bomb a bit much. and then there's bangkok, which might be a bit much for impressionable minds. hmmm. maybe i ought to just give him the script, let him figure it out for himself. not sure i would actually call it R rated, but there certainly are moments. it is a rock musical after all, not rodgers and hammerstein....

ok, need to go. think i'm going to do breakfast at ihop, then run to lowes and hopefully wrap up my kitchen problems and my porch swing in time to get out to salvation army and hopefully ride my bike before rehearsal tonight. bleah - going to work on "book" scenes friday, which means me. so much for leaving friday night for kent. going to be an early morning saturday....
Æ

Tunes: new order - true faith

No comments: