WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Monday, June 05, 2006

let's do this

monday morning. woke around 6:00am - much earlier than i want to. but i figure it will take at least a week to shift out of my school schedule. of course with my sleeping record, who knows what will happen. wandered to st. e's for morning prayer, but alas, no one was there, which leads me to believe it may have been next door at the brownhouse, but by the time i figure it out, 'twas too late, so i prayed a bit on my own, then wandered down to the Y to begin what i hope will become a morning ritual this summer. i swam for about 30-40 minutes, then walked back home. felt good being active, though i've definitely lost my cardio ability. drawbacks of growing old. heading over to the barr's to help get their new sofa/sleeper into the house - ran into dave on the way home from the Y.

those of you looking for a recap of my wedding experience, be patient. i'm working up to it.

i'm going to hate this week. auditioned friday for midsummer and now i have to wait until friday at the earliest to hear what part i got. i REALLY want bottom, but i'm not sure i sold it in my audition. trying not to get my hopes up too high, but it's hard. such a great role. i should have done more prep. i had the whole character in my head, but needed to focus more on bottom's "acting." ah well, it's over now and i just have to wait. and wait. and wait.

the quickie road trip to see brent went well. good driving both ways (which basically means few annoying drivers - the benefit of leaving before 8am) and we had a good time. seems ikea has discontinued the bed frame i was going to buy, so i'll have to look elsewhere. did finally score my STEELERS SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS long sleeve t-shirt. was going to get the "got rings?" shirt, but forgot to bring cash with me. brent said he would pick it up for me, though. figured it would be appropriate to wear here in cincy - nothing like a little dig.... we also watched reefer madness, which was quite entertaining. fun watching kristen bell sing and dance - i'm waiting for the big musical number on veronica mars soon. there's a great song called romeo and juliet all about shakespeare. hilarious. would be fun to play for my classes when we do good old bill. also want to think about dropping references to the film since i get the feeling many of them have seen it, at least certain ones anyway.

moment of panic this morning....sat down last week and priced out a new computer. spent time figuring out how i would pay for it. went back today, pulled up my wish list....and it was gone. lovely. so i used dell's chat feature and was directed back to the page and "rebuilt" the computer i want. should only cost $737, which i can certainly do. think i have everything i need with it, too. will probably order it tomorrow, since my mortgage payment went out today and i get paid tomorrow. be nice to have the upgrade. be nice to have a monitor that i can actually see pictures on (wow, was that a horribly constructed sentence).

ah, will you look at that? time for me to go help dave. and after that i think i'm going to go ride my bike. so i guess my reflections on the wedding will have to wait. probably need to think about it some more anyway.....
Æ

Tunes: old 97's - wish the worst

2 comments:

ACE said...

I want to hear about the wedding!! Did you meet the love of your life?

miz fuhrell said...

I just want to ponder "should only cost $737"....

"only"

"only"

7-hundred-thirty-seven-dollars...

ahhh, I will just live vicariously through you, thurmy