WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

well, that certainly didn't take long

so i'm back home already - actually got home around 7:00, less than an hour after i left. i wasn't sure if there would be others auditioning as they never mentioned anyone. when i got there (and finally found where they were), someone else was reading. i lingered a bit to see what my competition was like. and started getting a bit nervous. i've done this so many times, but it never fails to make my heart race and my body betray me and start to shake. listening to the other actor, i knew which scenes they were reading and they were the ones i had focused on. yet as the time went by and other actors arrived, my anxiety increased. finally i was ushered in. i handed them my resume/headshot, and asked what the setting would be. they're setting it in hollywood in the 1950s. puck is the "gopher" for oberon, a big studio executive. that helped a lot, because i knew then how to play him. so i jumped in and let loose.

i don't know what they thought of the other actors (i know i wasn't too impressed by the guy before me), but i felt i auditioned well, even with my stomach fluttering and my hands shaking a little. they said they would be calling me, maybe even tonight. so at least i won't have long to wait. i'd like to do this (otherwise i wouldn't have auditioned), but if i don't get it, i'm ok with that, too. they did ask if i would be willing to lose my beard. if only they had seen some of the other things i've been willing to do...makes me wish i had included my chess headshot so they could see me barefaced.

need to go finish cleaning my house for my visitors this weekend. and go to the grocery store. and do some laundry. and try not to get my hopes up...
Æ

Tunes: pop will eat itself - dance of the mad

No comments: