WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

stürm und drang

note: i got bored during the vocab test on friday and began to reflect on how difficult it is to pay attention in school at this time of year, especially if you are a teenage boy. suddenly, this sonnet spilled out. imagine shakespeare as a horny teenageer and you'll get the idea.

stürm und drang

i wonder where to rest my wand’ring eye
as i peruse this fresh pubescent throng
such supple skin such coltish milk-white thighs
to linger long my conscience warns is wrong
but everywhere i look distraction waits
inflaming this strange feeling deep inside
she calls my name! i’m lost in dire straits
if i do stand my shame i cannot hide
oh cursed nature! why in heaven’s name
am i surrounded by temptation sweet
while secret dark desires I cannot tame
enfold my soul embarrassment complete
expecting thought from adolescent boys
is all for naught when hormones thought destroys
Æ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your school administrators don't see that!

I haven't posted here before, but I've been visiting faithfully. About once a week I visit you, Brent and Andrea.

I enjoy your blog, although I've decided you've gotten grumpier with age. A little melancholy, but I still love ya.

I do understand about the kids at school. I spent the bigger chunk of my day with sophomores and seniors. We only have 12 days left! Hooray!

Are you done with your play? I'd love to see it, but it would be impossible until school is out.

Miss you!
Bethany

teaii said...

honestly, the spectre of administration did cross my mind. it's why i put the note at the top, to make it clear i was writing from a particular perspective. but then those that would make a big deal of it probably wouldn't understand that. oh well. i hope they have better things to do with their time.

jealous of your remaining days...19 here. then two days of training. then a month of continuing ed. so much for "summer vacation."
Æ