WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

wednesday of ashes

quick drop in to say hello on my way to bed after seventeen hours away from home. school. academic team. rehearsal. and now bed, if i can get my brain to slow down enough to fall asleep. hasn't happened yet this week. add to that feeling a bit queasy to my stomach, and it could be quite the long night.

so today officially starts lent. i heard no clear call from God this year on something to give up, so i fell back on my default - ye olde sunrise/sunset fast. and chocolate. i always give up chocolate. none of my other ideas seemed to call to me. we'll see how it goes. usually not too bad until around an hour before the sun sets. then it gets rough.

academic team finished the regular season with two wins over middletown. not sure what that does for the standings. currently we're fourth place - it will depend on how the teams tied with us and lakota west did today. we're really hoping for second or third, which will keep us out of sycamore's pool. they didn't drop a match. they'll split us into two pools for the tournament - the winner of each pool goes to the championship. fingers crossed.

ok, must to bed. not feeling well. here's hoping my brain lets me sleep tonight.
Æ

----------------
Now playing: Phil Keaggy - Round About You
via FoxyTunes