WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Friday, December 09, 2005

2005 recap

stolen from my LJ friends, here's a recap of 2005, using one sentence from the first entry of each month.

(my other blog is at www.livejournal.com/users/teaii)

jan 2005
"it will be a reminder of the inexplicable hope infusing me today, this firm belief that this is the year i break out of my oh-so-very-extended relationship slump and actually discover what i've been wishing for for so so long."

feb 2005
"yesterday was bad - bad bad bad bad bad. so bad. the badness of this bad was greater than any badness that's been bad before.

well, maybe not that bad, but it certainly wasn't good."

mar 2005
"weekend was a difficult one for obvious reasons. i hate feeling helpless and wanting to do more. but i suppose that's how it goes in these situations."

apr 2005
"You would think I would realize, just because I’m in another country doesn’t mean my body won’t react to caffeine the same way. A big chocolate pastry and Diet Pepsi right before bed is a bad idea."

may 2005
"i wonder sometimes if my own spontaneity is just a ploy to keep people at a distance."

jun 2005
"year two is finished and my room is stripped bare and i have nothing but partying and sleeping planned for the next two days.

excellent."

jul 2005
"heading out the door for toronto. cincinnati was kind enough to welcome me back with some vicious thunderstorms"

aug 2005
"but the more i think about it, the more God brings it to the forefront, the more i am sensing i need to move away from this urban sprawl i so despise and look for a little piece of land a little closer to where my heart turns more and more lately - norwood, specifically, near st. e's. i want to be where God is, commute be damned."

sep 2005
"slivered morning light
pointing toward the coming day
sneaking up the sky"

oct 2005
"suffice to day, i spent the night in my new place last night and am experiencing no buyers remorse (though i'm not nearly as excited as i thought i would be - maybe that will come once i actually move in)"

nov 2005
"first, thanks to all who had kind things to say about my beardless picture. excellent ego boost this week."

dec 2005
"helped me not to dwell on the fact that it's been ten years now. geesh. i've entered my second decade now. and it's not a big deal for, oh, 350 days out of the year. but on those other days, it becomes a big deal."

Tunes: palomar - knockout

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the Thurman I know and love. Reflective, deliberate, honest, funny, charming, handsome, winsome, smart. Smart, smart, smart. (And handsome. I underline the point, ladies. [With and without his beard(s)].)

teaii said...

thanks you, alexa, for that unsolicited and heartfelt comment on my character.

(btw, the money i promised you is in the mail...)
Æ