WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Monday, December 05, 2005

each game of chess means there's one less variation left to be played

so i auditioned tonight for one of my favorite musicals - chess. have listened to it over and over again for years, since i discovered it back in high school. for those unfamiliar, this is the show written by the two male members of abba, with lyrics by tim rice and the 80s hit, "one night in bangkok." always thought it was a show that missed it's chance - the black vs white, us vs russia issues were there, waiting to be played out. but the book never really came together (the songs were written before the book) and by the time it did, communism had fallen and the changes made were iffy at best.

anyway....

cincinnati music theatre is doing it this spring and once i found out, i knew i had to audition. NO ONE does this show, so i figured it would be my only chance. so i signed up for a time, grabbed a copy of "stars" and gave it my best shot.

shortest audition ever.

but hey, i did it. and now i can go back to my life. didn't really have the time to do it anyway. but would have kicked myself if i'd not auditioned.

too bad i can't transfer that to other areas of my life.

got a call from candice tonight - she was going to be in the area visiting a friend, so i drove back up to tylersville road to catch up a bit. haven't talked to her in ages, which is a bit odd for us. hopefully we'll be getting together again next monday with our friend amelia. always a bit disconcerting to talk to candice - she and God are best friends, and He talks to her much more than to me - and often He talks to her about me. which makes me think i must not be listening if He has to talk to me through my friends. but that's another issue. good to chat.

weird school week. my first two bells are taking the PLAN test tomorrow and tuesday, which means i have to figure out something for my fifth bell to do, without getting them too far ahead. no idea what i'll be doing. that's probably a bad thing. fourth bell is taking the practice OGT, so no worries there.

bed calls. laundry will wait. good night.
Æ
Tunes: the white stripes - candy cane girl

No comments: