WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Friday, January 13, 2006

it's friday! it's the thirteenth! aggghhhh!

and i'm not in the mood to do much of anything after fourteen hours at school yesterday (film club and parent/teacher conferences).
 
my therapist asked, "Why is it more special to you right now than the present?" meaning my recent posts from the bike trip instead of blogging about now.  not sure i saw it in terms of more special to me than the present (though my lack of 2006 related posts certainly points that direction), just a different time, a time i remember with fondness and, after reading some, not a little cringiness.  i'm not intentionally avoiding now, but if i'm honest (and why should i not be), i would rather be there doing that right now than here doing this right now.  hard to compare my day to day so far this year with that exceptional time in my life.  who wouldn't want to be on the coast of california spending your days biking?
 
the question then is, does that mean i'm dissatisfied with my life now, beyond the usual hoping for a better tomorrow?  i believe i'm where i'm supposed to be, doing what i'm supposed to be doing.  sure, things aren't exactly as i dreamed them to be, but i'm certainly not dissatisfied with where i am.  i love my church, i love my house, i love my friends.  and while i wish i had as much life ahead of me as i did then, i know i have plenty of time still, that, contrary to jibes i make all the time, my life is not over.  Life still waits around the next curve.
 
plus, with things like THIS to keep me amused, how could life be bad?
 
and for those missing my more daily updates, trust me, 2006 has not come in like a lion.  more like a giraffe (quiet and goofy looking).  you're not missing anything.
 
looking forward to the three day weekend, though i know i must spend a significant portion of that grading.  someday i'll figure out how not to have assignments due right before a break.  no big plans, other than hitting the triemergent cohort saturday and the comet sunday night.  mmm.  burritos.
 
might have something to share a bit later in the weekend, but i don't want to talk about it now, not until i've done something i need to (ooh, cryptic).
 
back later with another 1991 update.  maybe i'll talk about what Thurman Now thinks of Thurman Then.  we shall see.
 
Tunes:  willard grant conspiracy - beyond the shore

No comments: