WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Wandering Wheels - 9 January 1991 (entry one)

As I am writing this, I am sitting on a beach watching the tide move in and out and waiting for the sun to reach just the right point so I can take some pictures. It is an unbelievably peaceful night here. The ocean, the sky, the setting sun, the beach. All my life I've wanted to do this, to sit on the beach and watch the sunset and feel the waves and smell the biting ocean air. I could stay here all night. You can almost taste this place. I don't think I've ever realized how wide the ocean is. I feel like I'm suffocating, overwhelmed by al the beauty around me. To sit here and soak up all this is on of the best times I've EVER had. Now the waves slowly creep up on me, making me leave this paradise. But the memory, the feelings, the taste, the experience will never leave, forever carved into the sands of my memory. Does it sound like I overwrite? It doesn't even come close to what I'm feeling. I love this place, I love this earth and I will never forget this. Ɔ

No comments: