WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Friday, August 11, 2006

i can't believe i'm doing this

i've spent the morning scanning the internet, getting information on something i've been adamantly opposed to in the past:

online dating services.

this change of heart came from a l-o-n-g discussion with my good friend kat and a realization that my normal modus operandi has not been helpful.

now i've always considered online dating the last resort - the final step after all other options had run their course. in my head (which is a frightening space indeed), online dating was only a heartbeat away from accepting i would be single for the rest of my life.

these are my issues and not meant to be disparaging toward anyone else.

but after nearly eleven years with nary a relationship, i suppose it's time to admit that i suck at this and that i need to get some help. plus, kat assures me this is the way things are done now and who am i to stand in the way of progress.

one problem though: i've discovered i suck at this, too. spent most of the morning on one site, filling out their probing questionnaire, feeling like i was giving the wrong answer only to get near the end and completely collapse. they wanted Your profile headline (2 characters min., 128 characters max.) and Tell us about yourself and who you're looking for. (200 characters min., 2000 characters max.). and i had no idea what to type/write. none. so i've walked away. maybe something will come to me soon. i sure hope so.

anyway, if any of you out there have more experience with this than i do (which is most everyone) and would like to point me in the right direction, i'd be happy to benefit from your wisdom and experience, good and bad.

back to hitting cyclists with baseball bats (i'm up to 1328.8 now).
Æ

Tunes: grant lee buffalo - side by side

2 comments:

stinkowoman said...

Sure! I'd love to tell you about my expereriences with eHarmony... email me!

Anonymous said...

www.equallyyoked.com