WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

a quickie

need to be heading downstairs to fix something edible for tonight's house church but wanted to check in.

the good news: i bit the bullet and talked to my insurance agent and found out, because i've not had an incident in over ten years, my little fender bender will not negatively affect my insurance, meaning my rates will not go up. this is excellent news to me. so now i just have to wait for state farm to call me back with a claim number and i'll be able to get lorelai looking beautiful again. and it should help dawn get her car back in order as well. the part is waiting at kevin's, so now i wait.

i also called gethsemani today to see about doing a retreat there next week, but they didn't return my call today. hopefully tomorrow. be good to get away, get focused before the school year begins. lots of thoughts and experiences to process.

family reunion is this weekend - i was going to be speaking at our weekly gathering, but kevin graciously agreed to switch with me. i don't do nearly enough with the extended family and it's always a good time. i'm hoping things work out so i can ride up with mom and dad - save me the four-hour-plus drive and the gas expense. would like to get home semi-early on sunday - alison's having a new house warming get together at her new place and since there's a pool, sounds like quite the shindig.

why is my first reaction upon hearing someone likes me always, "You're kidding, right?"

picked up three books to read yesterday - anansi boys - gaiman; son of a witch - maguire; the great omission - willard. now with nothing going on in the evenings, i should have plenty of time to read. also watched wallace and gromit, but need to do so again because i kept fading in and out (my fault, not the movie's).


cooking time. more later.
Ɔ

Tunes: lost dogs - the business is going down

No comments: