WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

the drama continues

so i get an email from brent today - he had a vcr malfunction and was unable to tape gilmore girls. in desperation, i send out an email to the district bulletin board asking if anyone had taped it. this resulted in much mocking.

  • "Thurman, I meant to TIVO it, but I realized that I was a man and changed my mind."

  • "I have to at least laugh a little. No mocking just laughing."

  • "Brave was the man what first et an oyster." -Jonathan Swift"
That guy's got nuthin' on you, Thurman."

hilarious. glad my sense of self isn't wrapped up in my choice of tv watching (though why i should feel guilty about watching one of the best written shows on tv is beyond me).

while no one at school could help a brother out, i was able to touch base with my friend karen who had taped the episode and she'll be mailing it out to me tomorrow. hopefully it will arrive before tuesday night so i can watch it. i'll keep my fingers crossed.

rough night last night. something i ate didn't agree with me and i was up at 2AM giving my regards to mr. porcelain.

this is probably something i shouldn't share in public.

observation: people get downright giddy when they are setting you up. you can see it on their faces. which makes sense, since they want to see their friends happy and if one friend can make another friend happy, wouldn't that be great? but i gotta tell you, it makes me a bit trepidatious (this is my issue, and i own it. this is not a chastisement of what is a normal reaction). 'cause now, if things don't work out, i'm not only disappointing the girl, but her friends as well. such as what happened this summer. i know this is my over-active guilt gland, but it does throw me a bit. it doesn't stop me from trying, but, well, i worry.

first film club screening was today - the original 1977 version of star wars - you know, the one before george "fixed" everything. nice to see han shoot first. one girl there had never seen star wars, which was lots of fun. after the meeting, some of the group were going to jimmy johns and invited me along. and since i had no plans, i went. good time. fun hanging with students in a non-school situation. would like to do that more often.

friday tomorrow. all day gig at the auditorium on saturday, which is great 'cause i sure could use the extra cash. sunday is church. and somewhere in there i hope to get lots of essays graded. here's hoping saturday provides me ample time to do so.

night.
Ɔ

Tunes: byron boyers - the scotsman

5 comments:

Chris said...

Don't worry...we can still be friends if my days of Bean-Harmony.com pursuits are numbered.

teaii said...

chris, don't get me wrong, i'm having a great time with the correspondence and looking forward to learning more. and i'm really glad you "hooked us up." just dealing with my own insecurities, that's all.
Æ

miz fuhrell said...

thurmy, you need to take a big, deep, breath. you're making ME a nervous wreck...

warmandsunnydays said...

My new boyfriend came TEARING out of the bathroom the other night when he heard that the season premiere of Gilmore Girls was coming on the tube.

I was afraid.

stinkowoman said...

Star Wars- your choice or theirs?