WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Monday, September 25, 2006

so much for a good night's sleep

medicine has conspired once again to keep me up, now three hours after i tried to go to bed early. frustrating to lie in bed, listening to the crickets, unable to enter morpheus's realm. not even reading helped - an hour later and i'm still not tired. don't think i'll be taking the sudafedish stuff tomorrow night - here's hoping it keeps me awake during the day tomorrow.

weekend was pretty much a carbon copy of the week - a lot of lying around, watching dvds, trying not to move. most constructive thing i did was a load of laundry, unable to even get up the gumption to go grocery shopping (which i'll have to do soon). all that inactivity has gotten the best of me - i'm actually looking forward to school tomorrow. at least i was before i realized i'll probably get only three hours of sleep tonight.

i almost posted a couple of times this weekend in the throes of emotional upheaval, but luckily saner heads prevailed and i kept my ramblings to myself. simple reminder that i'm not nearly evolved as i'd like to think and i've got miles to go before i reach true maturity. though at least i recognized my own selfishness as it was occurring instead of realizing it after it was too late. and at least i was alone and could keep my infection to myself.

i'm beginning to think walt disney may have been the wisest prophet of our time...got an email from susie, the friend chris is trying to set me up with. seems she was talking about the eharmony parody i did to someone at her church, who in turn told her daughter. turns out her daughter used to live here in cincy and only recently moved back. she recognized my name from the story and figured out there probably weren't two red-headed teachers named thurman running around. so the daughter turns out to be courtney, bea's friend that i met a few times. and to further shrink the circumference of the world, bea happened to be in columbus on friday night and the two of them called susie to relay the story. seriously, i need to find a larger planet.

i hate insomnia. and no, hate is not too strong a word.

ok, time to give it the old college try again. obviously typing hasn't done me a lick of good. not sure why i always think it will.
Ɔ

2 comments:

miz fuhrell said...

WTF, bronchitis???!?!! leave my friend along! (when all else fails, I resort to verbally assaulting the illness)

Chris said...

You know Courtney? I was her youth pastor for a few years in Columbus...a small world it is after all!