WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

idle hands and all that

Today I had nothing planned. I woke up at the usual 7:10AM, walked down to St. E's for morning prayers, walked back to my house and then didn't leave the house again until I went to evening prayers at 9:00. So what happened in the 13 hours between? Very, very little. Watched TV. Uploaded some pics to Facebook. Sent an email or two. Fixed lunch. Read. Took a nap. Fixed dinner. Nice to have a day to do nothing, though too many of them would drive me crazy.

Tomorrow will more than make up for it - prayers, Half-Price Books grand re-opening (I'm hoping to score a free tote bag), lunch with Bea at Panera, doctor's appointment, flash fiction. Feast or famine I suppose.

Dad's back to eating solid food and will probably get out of the hospital on Friday. He won't be able to drive for a while, so either Jen or I will have to drive mom up to the reunion in a couple of weeks. I wasn't sure I was going to make it - it's the weekend before school starts and I have an important meeting on Sunday afternoon, but the reunion itself is on Saturday and we can probably do an up and back, though we're talking 9+ hours in the car. Zoinks!

Doing nothing all day has left me brain dead. Enough trying to find stuff to write about. I'm bored just writing it. Æ

----------------
Now playing: Stevie Nicks - Edge Of Seventeen
via FoxyTunes

No comments: