WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

testing testing

my students are journalling about their first day of school and so i have a little time to maybe throw out a thought i had while doing the daily office today.

"Whom have I in heaven but you? and having you I desire nothing upon earth." Ps 73:25

i had a difficult time praying this today because, well, i do desire things upon the earth. and it is a struggle because i want to believe that all i need is God and that once i have Him, my other desires will seem small and insignificant. but i find myself caught in a "God...but" mentality. God is all i need, but i still desire (insert favorite human longing here). is this a lack of something on my part, an immaturity lingering? i don't believe my desires are wrong or sinful - but i realize perhaps they are a sign i haven't found true contentment in God.

just some thoughts. more next bell, perhaps.
Æ

No comments: