WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Monday, August 28, 2006

it's about time

finally forced my way through my "block" and typed up my "ad" for the online service and finished my profile. of course, i don' t have the $26-$45 to subscribe and reap the benefits of my ad at the moment, but one step at a time.

i realize it's a bit on the pretentious side, but then that's probably a pretty accurate description of me at times. i worked a bit on a more casual version, but it went absolutely no where. and really, i'm not really giving information, but getting attention. hopefully this will do that.

thoughts/criticisms welcome
Æ

Who am I? A passionate man of deep faith; a true romantic; an intellectual with a poet's heart; an endearing geek; lover of beauty, of nature, of literature, of music, of theatre, of art, of teaching, of writing, of pop culture, of all that makes life Life; an introvert stepping from the shadows to seek what he desires - a woman to love who will love him in return.

Whom should I love? Why, she who places Christ above all; serious enough to discuss the deep questions of life, but childlike enough to enjoy life; as comfortable hiking through the forest soaking up nature as curled up on the couch watching a film; a well-ordered woman not afraid of spontaneity or being embarrassed; a fellow traveler on this journey who will walk beside me, hand in hand, as we discover together this big old goofy world God has given us.

Tunes: patty griffin - fly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"blah blah woof woof"
I probably should read this more than once in a blue moon. But I have NO idea what Thurman is talking about.
What is this service? I am so confused.
Pretentious? Yes!
Accurate? YES!
Attention getting? heh?
Here's a suggestion...
ASK A GIRL!

ACE said...

I'm a girl.

It looks fabulous. The love of your life is probably glancing at it right now....

miz fuhrell said...

barking from the peanut gallery aside, this is good. you should also mention "not afraid of comedy or mutton chops".

hoping much hope with you.