WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

this amuses me

so after prayers this morning, kevin said the insurance adjuster had been by and nearly doubled the original estimate. nice. said they were probably hoping i would take the money and forget about it. which maybe i should have done, but the dent just bothers me. makes me sad whenever i see it. so i'm willing to pay the money to get her looking good again. don't like the idea of having to extend my rental car days, but good to know my car will be taken care of.

ahhh! there's a man in my backyard with a chainsaw! help! help!

oh wait. it's just the tree guys. never mind.

they're wandering around, looking at my tree with a "what the heck are we going to do?" look on their faces. job will probably take a good part of the day, which means i'll be gone by the time their finished.

what am i doing, you ask? i'm making my first trip to my classroom today, to get some things ready for tonight's activities fair. and to start getting my room in some sense of order. will probably do that the next couple of days and then thursday as well, so i don't have to do anything on labor day. that's the goal, anyway. we'll see. hopefully the fair tonight will be fairly low stress - i plan on simply doing what i did last year, showing a film on my mom's portable dvd player, having some dvds about for visuals, a flyer for students/parents to take. hopefully the time will pass quickly. just need to pick the right film - last year it was raiders of the lost ark. not sure what to watch this year. needs to be family-friendly, and yet attractive to students. we'll see.

thanks for the comments on my "profile." i'm realizing it may not paint the truest picture of me ("morally superior republican?!"), but 'twill do for now. now i just need to figure out how to swing the payment part. just need to think of it as an investment in my future, right? i hate that money has to play a part, but i have to be realistic. and women don't like men who are financially irresponsible, right?

of course they don't like tightwads either. but really, that's not what's going on here....
Æ

Tunes: russell allen/jorn lande - another battle

No comments: