WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

mistakes were made

mistake #1: eating at the goose at 10:00pm
mistake #2: drinking copious amounts of iced tea
mistake #3: getting sucked into someone's blog
mistake #4: listening to music as i tried to fall asleep
mistake #5: not finding a way to cool off

all this lead to me not sleeping until around 4:00AM

no prayers today.

need to go eat lunch, but don't know what/where. time to do some grocery shopping but my head's not in it at the moment and i'll just end up buying a bunch of stuff i won't actually be able to use to fix meals (but those doritos looked so tasty - and they were BOGO free).

this day is going to be oh so unproductive, i can tell.

methinks jalepenos is calling my name.

seems the van in a van trip has hit a speedbump - tickets are sold out for the first couple of weeks. doing it over thanksgiving would be best for me - otherwise, with the goofy schedule this year, i may not be able to swing it - trimester doesn't end until december 1 this year. weird.

ahh! i don't want to think about that yet. i still have a couple of weeks....

i need a book to read during the show. geisha is too big to take with me and i would hate to get sweat and makeup on it since it's a borrowed book. see, if i go to jalepenos, i can walk over to half price and i can find myself something. but what? nothing on my radar at the moment. i'll take suggestions, though won't do me a lot of good immediately. but i'll definitely keep them for future reference.

i can feel summer slipping through my fingers. day two of august and i've done...nothing. with plans to do nothing. nothing is good sometimes but not as good as something or anything even. well not anything - that could get me in trouble.

and i've confused myself. stupid lack of sleep.
Æ

Tunes: ac/dc - back in black

2 comments:

dearjeremiah said...

Hey bro, I always suggest "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" by Jonathan Safran Foer. A fun and profound, fairly quick read.

Of course if you've never read "A Prayer for Owen Meany" by John Irving that is one of my faves as well.

Break a leg this weekend!!

Chris said...

Great...now I'm trying to hit a cyclist with a bat for the past 20 minutes! (couldn't top 791.4)
We're headed back to Cincinnati in a couple of weeks, maybe we could grab some coffee or something together later this month or sometime September. Blessings,