WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

one down five to go

how is it that weekends can still feel different, even though you're not working and not actually taking a break? it's like my body actually knew today was saturday and acted accordingly. learned behaviour? years of conditioning? or something more mystical? i know not.

opening night went well. couldn't have asked for better weather - a nearly perfect summer night. good crowd too - a bit unresponsive at first, but they were totally in it by act v, which is when bottom shines anyway. so great to have an audience reacting - jazzes our performance. not a perfect performance, but an excellent opening night. elizabeth and krystal came to show (on krystal's birthday!) which was a pleasant surprise. they enjoyed the show and we talked quite a bit afterwards. tonight amelia and brian are supposed to be there and brent will be here on sunday, along with julie and emma. always good to have friends in the audience, even if you don't know they're there.

the only downside - my voice is shot. all my liquidating and resting went right out the window once the play started. i tried to take it easy, let the mike do the work, but i'm not used to doing that and i tend to fall into my "acting zone," letting the physical stuff go on automatic pilot so i can concentrate on the character/lines. may have to work on that. don't anticipate completely losing my voice, but don't want to risk it, either.

quick plug: if you're ever in sharonville, check out the blue goose. great food, great atmosphere, and they fixed the separate checks issue from last summer, which means the cast is there a lot. their burgers are amazing and their salads would make elaine benes proud.

no major plans for the day - gina needs me to run her to get her oil changed. but beyond that and a nap, i've got nothing before the show. much better timing last night - an hour before seems doable. and God was kind enough to send arby's coupons in the mail, so i had dinner last night for $2.39. if anyone gets the reach magazine and doesn't use the arby's coupons, 'twould be great if you could save them for me and pass them along. i, like many actors, am a bit superstitious, so 'twould like to keep a certain routine going until i have a bad performance, then i'll shake it up. so could be a lot of arby's in my future. not that i'm complaining....

ok, need to go put my costume in the dryer. i should go mow the lawn but don't want to. of course, that means i won't get to it until tuesday at the earliest. so much for my plans of getting all this housework done before the weekend....
Ɔ

Tunes: def leppard - rock of ages

2 comments:

miz fuhrell said...

yay, thurmy! I laughed, I cackled, I wheezed like a goofball! I loved it! I saw your booby! I laughed some more! well, not at your booby so much as Thisbe's lettuce breast being smote on the stage....ahh, what a fab surprise way to end the day! xoxo

stinkowoman said...

You showed booby?!?! I gotta see that recording!!!