WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Wandering Wheels - 28 January 1991

Right at this moment is the perfect ending for the trip. Behind me, toward California, the sun is setting, reminding me of all the beauty and fantastic times I had this month. But my old friend is rising full in front of me, a reminder that things change and are constant, that always before me will be a reflection of the time, a memory seen in the darkness, sometimes brighter, sometimes not at all, but always there just the same. A comforting thought as I head back to the cold bleakness of Ohio, something that no on can take away from me, not friends, not time, not other experiences.

And the trip's not over, the good times will always be with me like just now when our bus passed the other bus and Keith and I mooned it. A crazy thing to do, but nothing I'm ashamed of. Life's too short to let things go by untried, to not reach out and grab for the stars. To do so is to live a life of mediocrity, never fully inhaling the life and wonder found on this earth. Lord, continue to make me a sponge, to be aware of all you have to offer me, to not discover when I come to die that I never lived (thank you H.D.T.). Farewell until I need to relive this time again, to once more grab a hold of the wonder of Highway One.

California Dreamin'...
Æ

Tunes: nine inch nails - closer

No comments: