WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

22 Aug 10:20 PM

Late evening walk to soak in the stars. Oh so many – an O how they swirled tonight, drawing all to a single point. And for the first time in years I saw the Milky Way weave its way across the sky.

How wonderful the darkness that bring the stars to light.

I searched the sky for falling stars, but they stood fast tonight, content in their spaces. I used to pray for them as signs, God’s writing across the sky that what I prayed for was deemed worthy. And I still hope to see them, though I know God’s still there no matter if they tumble.

Best to bed if I hope to make it to Vigils at 3:15AM. Will have to set the alarm since I cannot hear the bells. My fast has begun – Father, draw near to whisper the words I need to hear and grant me the sensitivity to listen…and to act. Æ

No comments: