WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Monday, August 21, 2006

the beginning

SnS, outside Georgetown, KY. On way down to Gethsemani for some solitude and getting away before the chaos begins again. Looking forward to being disconnected for a bit, seeking and hopefully finding a different rhythm this week. I’m also seeking direction on specific areas of my life – church and relationships for sure, others as God speaks to me. Ample time will be set aside for listening. And hopefully for writing. Already forgot to bring a larger notebook and, more importantly, a fan. Website said they provided them there – there’s hoping it’s true.

I’m not quite ready to let summer go just yet, but I feel the approaching shift toward autumn and my heart is happy and sad. Summer began, as it often does, with me knee-deep in hope. Love seemed to dance on the horizon and I envisioned warm nights spent discovering another’s depths. Alas, ‘twas not to be. And then unrequited love appeared again with me as the unrequiter. And I would have felt worse had I not been on the other side more times than I can count. Now there’s two weeks left and life is the same as it ever was. Yet I’ve not left hope behind and I find myself willing to take a new step, abandon preconceptions in hopes of discovering love hiding among the ones and zeroes.

But I have more pressing concerns. God called me to help birth a new church and so I seek to know His desire for this new adventure. I have inklings, but I want to know they’re His as well. And I’m praying He’ll draw others. So I wait, something I’ve had lots of practice with, though I’m not convinced I’m still very good at it.

Time to hit the road again. More later. Æ

No comments: