WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

final entry

Back in Ohio, at Cici’s Pizza – felt the need to carb up and soak up as much grease for as little money as possible. Yum.

I’ve decided one of the things want to begin doing, as strange as it may sound: I am fasting speeding. On the way to the abbey and on my return trip I decided to take it easy and actually go the speed limit the whole time. Now I don’t speed excessively – I usually keep it between 5-10 mph over. But the time saved isn’t worth my frustration level – or the well-being of Lorelai. And I certainly can’t afford a ticket at this point in my life. Or an accident. And as a bonus, my gas mileage has been outstanding on this trip.

But this is not why we fast. Yes, there are physical and monetary benefits. But more importantly, it will remind me not to be in such a hurry, to appreciate the journey and not focus so much on getting to the destination as fast as possible.

I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me. I wrote a lot these past few days. Over fifteen pages in my little Moleskine notebook, which might not seem much, except I write small enough to fit two lines on each normal line. 22lines per page, doubled… you do the math. I should have time tonight. And I’ll probably use that time to reflect a bit – still too close at this point.

Time for dessert, then off to the Grotto. Good to be home (almost). Æ

No comments: