WARNING!

Reading this blog has made people want to kill themselves, so if you are easily depressed, perhaps you should find something more uplifting to do, like watch a Holocaust documentary or read a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

hail poetry

a tail of spectacular blue
whispers blithely between the cracks
shifting from shadow to sunlight
as it hides on the underside of cool stone
suddenly it reappears
sunning itself
and I cannot help but wonder
if I took hold of that blue
if you’d leave your beauty in my grasp
returning to the darkness amputated
to dream colors unimagined
for a tail you cannot see


I scarcely believe
I sat still so long as you
weaved your deadly threads

the evening’s fading
light beckons silent dreamers
climb to watch me fall

clouds transform the sun
a liquid jewel melting
over still treetops

No comments: